At White Sage Dentistry, we provide a full suite of restorative services in Salem, Oregon. Restorative dentistry is a revolutionary part of the dental field that combines science and art to restore your smile’s health and appearance.
Our tooth-colored fillings are used for treating cavities; the fillings fill in the space left behind after decay is removed. We use a composite resin material to match your filling to the shade of your tooth so that it blends in flawlessly with your smile. Wondering if you have a cavity? Here are some of the most common signs:
- Brown or Black Staining on Tooth
- Mild to Sharp Pain when Exposed to Hot/Cold Food & Drinks
- Pain when Biting Down
- Throbbing Toothache
- Visible Holes or Pits on Chewing Surface of Teeth
- Tooth Sensitivity Visible Holes or Pits on Chewing Surface of Teeth
Crowns (also known as dental caps) are used for replacing missing teeth, supporting a compromised tooth, and more. They function and look just like your natural teeth, so no one (even you) can tell the difference. Crowns can be used to treat:
- Broken or Cracked Teeth
- Misshapen Teeth
- Missing Teeth as Part of Bridges
- Severely Discolored Teeth
- Weakened Teeth After Root Canal Therapy
Dental bridges can replace a row of missing teeth. As their name suggests, they bridge that gap and prevent your other teeth from shifting into the space left behind. Bridges are a dental appliance with a row of false—but natural-looking—teeth that we anchor to your existing teeth. In addition to their other benefits, bridges are also known to be one of the most cost-effective tooth replacement options. Bridges are a simple, affordable way to complete your smile. The bridges process takes place in multiple phases:
- We’ll prepare your teeth on either side of the gap by removing some enamel and then we’ll take impressions.
- Our team will send the impressions along with a 3D model of your bridge to an off-site lab.
- At the lab, they’ll fabricate your custom bridge to perfectly match the 3D model.
- They’ll send the bridge to us and we’ll bond the crowns on the ends of the bridge to the prepared teeth.
- After your bridge is in place, we’ll check the fit and your bite and make any additional adjustments.
Dentures are a great way to restore your smile if you’re missing several or all of your teeth. We custom-design a dental prosthesis that’s made up of false teeth attached to a gum-colored material. Dentures are held in place with extra-strength denture adhesives, and can also be snapped onto preexisting dental implants. With advancements in technology, dentures have never been more comfortable or easy to work with! Benefits of dentures include:
- Boost in Self-Confidence
- Cost-Effective Tooth Replacement Option
- Easy to Maintain
- Improved Quality of Life: Eat & Talk with Ease
If your tooth is decayed, infected, or severely damaged, our root canal therapy services help save your natural tooth and alleviate pain. While root canal therapy may sound intimidating, it’s actually nothing to fear. Root canals are a safe and quick procedure where we remove the damaged pulp from the tooth and seal it to prevent infection. One of the many perks of root canal therapy is that it gives us the opportunity to preserve your natural tooth and prevent the need for an extraction. The root canal process is a simple procedure that includes:
- Dr. Jadeja will thoroughly numb the area around the tooth and administer any necessary sedation.
- Then, she’ll make a small entry point in the top of the tooth.
- Using this entry point, Dr. Jadeja will remove the damaged pulp from the tooth’s canals.
- After all of the pulp is removed, she will disinfect the area and fill in the canals with a material called gutta percha.
- Once the tooth is disinfected and the gutta percha is in place, She will seal off the entry point and place a dental crown for additional support if needed.
We take a conservative approach to dentistry, which means that we always strive to preserve your natural teeth. However, there are instances in which a tooth extraction is the best choice for your oral and overall health. Nervous about your extraction? Don’t worry, we provide oral conscious sedation to help you feel relaxed and comfortable while we work to get you back to better health. After your extraction, we’ll go over your tooth replacement options, such as crowns, dentures, and bridges, so that you don’t have to deal with gaps in your smile!